Greetings!

Hello,  I run the Materials Testing/Destructive Testing department at an aerospace manufacturing facility. We primarily work with carbon but also see a reasonable amount of fiberglass. Our facility also supports a Silacone department where we produce aerospace hoses.  My team tests it all.  I took over the department about 2 years ago. Im responsible for all of the materials/materials testing QE duties for our Quality dept.  Primarily seeking to network with experts in the industry but I may be able to support others to some small degree as well.  I was handed the Calibration department about 1 year ago and very much still getting my feet wet in that area.  I really appreciate the opportunity your forum presents.  

Edited by Sean Bovey
Failed to proof read.

On 7/22/2023 at 7:52 AM, Sean Bovey said:

Hello,  I run the Materials Testing/Destructive Testing department at an aerospace manufacturing facility. We primarily work with carbon but also see a reasonable amount of fiberglass. Our facility also supports a Silacone department where we produce aerospace hoses.  My team tests it all.  I took over the department about 2 years ago. Im responsible for all of the materials/materials testing QE duties for our Quality dept.  Primarily seeking to network with experts in the industry but I may be able to support others to some small degree as well.  I was handed the Calibration department about 1 year ago and very much still getting my feet wet in that area.  I really appreciate the opportunity your forum presents.  

Welcome Sean! It's great to have more people aboard!

How long have you been working in composites all together?

10 hours ago, Sean Bovey said:

I've only been in composites for about 5 years.  Kind of fell sideways into the materials testing world but now it's my passion.  Never had a more fascinating, rewarding, and challenging role in manufacturing.

That’s great. It’s kind of our passion too. Hopefully, we can all learn from each other.