I'm Cody!

As mentioned, I'm Cody and I'm extremely new to all of this, but I'm OBSESSED with carbon fiber!

I've been watching tons and tons of videos from wet method "skinning" to infusion methods using molds. I'm trying to take in as much information as I can before I place an order to give it a go on some interior parts from my vehicle.

The first method I'm going to try is going to be wet "overlay' or "skinning", just to get a feel for using the material, and mixing and using epoxy as I've never worked with anything like that before. Eventually learn every method and pick what works best for me, and possibly make a little side gig out of it. (Friends & Family to begin with of course).

I was going to order my first pieces of the puzzle off of amazon, as I want to start small.

If anyone has any suggestions, tips, or pointers, they would be appreciated!

Thanks, and happy Compositing! 

-Cody Ball

9 minutes ago, codyb407 said:

As mentioned, I'm Cody and I'm extremely new to all of this, but I'm OBSESSED with carbon fiber!

I've been watching tons and tons of videos from wet method "skinning" to infusion methods using molds. I'm trying to take in as much information as I can before I place an order to give it a go on some interior parts from my vehicle.

The first method I'm going to try is going to be wet "overlay' or "skinning", just to get a feel for using the material, and mixing and using epoxy as I've never worked with anything like that before. Eventually learn every method and pick what works best for me, and possibly make a little side gig out of it. (Friends & Family to begin with of course).

I was going to order my first pieces of the puzzle off of amazon, as I want to start small.

If anyone has any suggestions, tips, or pointers, they would be appreciated!

Thanks, and happy Compositing! 

-Cody Ball

Welcome @codyb407!

It's great to have you aboard! What composites videos have you found to be the most helpful?

3 minutes ago, lo_0l said:

Welcome @codyb407!

It's great to have you aboard! What composites videos have you found to be the most helpful?

Thanks! So far for infusion tutorials I've found AJ Hartman's videos extremely helpful. As far as overlays or skinning, I've watched so many from so many different creators I couldn't tell you lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, codyb407 said:

Thanks! So far for infusion tutorials I've found AJ Hartman's videos extremely helpful. As far as overlays or skinning, I've watched so many from so many different creators I couldn't tell you lol.

I know what you mean, there's SO much different stuff out there. I wish someone had videos/classes + a project kit.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/25/2023 at 12:17 PM, lo_0l said:

I know what you mean, there's SO much different stuff out there. I wish someone had videos/classes + a project kit.

Yes! I get sucked into watching video after video. I would totally take a class, even online, especially if it jad a project kit to go with it. The videos are great but I need some hands on experience to really learn how to do this.