aerogel composites as thermal barriers

Hi there!

I work with silica aerogel, more specifically composites using synthetic fibres as a carrier.

I'd be happy to discuss about advanced thermal barriers, especially for space-constrained applications (i.e. thickness below 1 inch).

6 hours ago, ENERSENS said:

Hi there!

I work with silica aerogel, more specifically composites using synthetic fibres as a carrier.

I'd be happy to discuss about advanced thermal barriers, especially for space-constrained applications (i.e. thickness below 1 inch).

Very cool! Do you have examples of the kind of synthetic fibers and thermal barriers you've made?

7 hours ago, lo_0l said:

Very cool! Do you have examples of the kind of synthetic fibers and thermal barriers you've made?

indeed. My basic flavor use non-woven glass fiber, in the range 0.5mm-3mm thickness. Picture attached.

I experimented with many carriers to obtain different stiffness/thickness and fire resistance...

skogar 1247.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2024 at 12:34 AM, ENERSENS said:

indeed. My basic flavor use non-woven glass fiber, in the range 0.5mm-3mm thickness. Picture attached.

I experimented with many carriers to obtain different stiffness/thickness and fire resistance...

skogar 1247.jpg

Very cool! I passed this on to someone that might be interested 🙂