Emerging Trends in Aerospace Composites

Dave K.

Hi everyone, I've been closely following the use of advanced composite materials in aerospace applications. The strength-to-weight ratio of these materials is revolutionizing the industry. I was wondering what your thoughts are on the future of composites in aerospace, and if there are any specific innovations that have caught your eye recently?

Edited by Dave K.

1 minute ago, Dave K. said:

Hi everyone, I've been closely following the use of advanced composite materials in aerospace applications. The strength-to-weight ratio of these materials is revolutionizing the industry. I was wondering what your thoughts are on the future of composites in aerospace, and if there are any specific innovations that have caught your eye recently?

Absolutely! Between composites and 3D printing, there is so much to leverage. Many things that used to be impossible, near-impossible, or extremely difficult can now be achieved in hours. It's pretty nuts!

I'm really excited to see the kinds of vehicles that will come out over the next decade thanks to this technology! Who knows what's gone into the B-21 Raider, for example, but I'd bet it's just the tip of the iceberg that we'll see over the next few decades as these materials evolve.