Hey everyone, I’m Richie

richiewayne

Hi everyone. My name is Richie and I’ve been in the composites industry professionally for the past 12yrs. I’ve worked in both Aerospace and Marine, from phenolic prepregs to polyesters, honeycomb core to foam core, gelcoat to paint, part design, mold design, etc. With all that, I’m just now starting to build my own garage set up and build some hobby composites. I’m looking forward to getting some ideas from everyone and helping I’m with yours. 

1 hour ago, richiewayne said:

Hi everyone. My name is Richie and I’ve been in the composites industry professionally for the past 12yrs. I’ve worked in both Aerospace and Marine, from phenolic prepregs to polyesters, honeycomb core to foam core, gelcoat to paint, part design, mold design, etc. With all that, I’m just now starting to build my own garage set up and build some hobby composites. I’m looking forward to getting some ideas from everyone and helping I’m with yours. 

Welcome aboard! It's great to have you join us. What kind of hobby parts do you want to build?

If there are any subforums you'd like to see to support your efforts, please feel free to ask 🙂

I am fascinated with some of the cosmetic carbon fiber weaves and am looking to work on some projects that combine other functionality for a dramatic design. Much like the Pokeball video posted in the Cool Carbon Fiber Things thread.

I don’t have an immediate project, but am going through ideas in my head. 

8 hours ago, richiewayne said:

I am fascinated with some of the cosmetic carbon fiber weaves and am looking to work on some projects that combine other functionality for a dramatic design. Much like the Pokeball video posted in the Cool Carbon Fiber Things thread.

I don’t have an immediate project, but am going through ideas in my head. 

That's awesome! Tremendously looking forward to seeing your projects @richiewayne

You should check out this DIY composite curing oven that @John Kimball made a few weeks ago!

• 1 month later...